Adopt A Dog
Millions of pets are euthanized in the United States every year. These animals are abandoned, homeless, scared, and they deserve a second chance. WE ARE THEIR ONLY HOPE.
The first step to adopting a pet from Ginger’s Pet Rescue is downloading and completing our Adoption Application:
- Download and use Microsoft Word to fill out our Adoption Application
- Print and manually fill out our PDF Adoption Application
This application will allow us to know more about your family, what kind of pet will fit best and your home, and whether you will be a good match for one of our dogs. Please include the dog(s) you are interested in on the application. We review applications upon receipt and will reply as soon as possible, usually within 1-2 days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there any adoption requirements?
Adoption requirements are on the final pages of our adoption application. We look for families that are looking at a pet as a commitment and a family member, understand the costs associated with owning a pet, and accept responsibility for the care and well-being of a pet. .Adoption requirements and what we look for in a home will vary from dog to dog. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
How to avoid picking the wrong pet?
- All dogs have different personality and the best pet for your family will vary greatly depending on your family’s wants and needs, activity levels, commitment to training, and a whole range of other factors. It is always best to do some honest reflection prior to adoption to know what kind of pet will be well-suited for your home. How much time will you be willing to allocate to exercise, training, and so on? Every dog requires some level of exercise, discipline, training (and of course love and affection) but some will require more than others. While it is true that certain breeds will typically have certain requirements it is not necessarily true on the individual dog level.
- The best way to know that a dog is right for your family is to meet that dog, evaluate it in person, speak with the dog’s foster family, review any behavioral assessments, and do an honest evaluation on whether you feel it would be a good fit – taking into consideration the advice and recommendation from other vested parties including volunteers/foster families of Ginger’s Pet Rescue.
- Finally, please know that even the most well-intentioned matches do not always work out, for whatever reason. That is why we insist that all adopters agree to return a dog to Ginger’s Pet Rescue if for any reason the dog is not a good fit in your home. If you come to this decision within one week of adoption, we will refund the adoption fee less a rehoming fee of $200.