Adopt A Dog
Millions of pets are euthanized in the United States every year. These animals are abandoned, homeless, scared, and they deserve a second chance. WE ARE THEIR ONLY HOPE.
The first step to adopting a pet from Ginger’s Pet Rescue is downloading and completing our Adoption Application Please note that the adoption application is a fillable form PDF. Please download it, fill it out on your computer, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via our Contact Form by uploading the completed application as an attachment.
This application will allow us to know more about your family, what kind of pet will fit best and your home, and whether you will be a good match for one of our dogs. Please include the dog(s) you are interested in on the application. We review applications upon receipt and will reply as soon as possible, usually within 1-2 days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there any adoption requirements?
Adoption requirements are on the final pages of our adoption application. We look for families that are looking at a pet as a commitment and a family member, understand the costs associated with owning a pet, and accept responsibility for the care and well-being of a pet. .Adoption requirements and what we look for in a home will vary from dog to dog. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
How to avoid picking the wrong pet?
- All dogs have different personality and the best pet for your family will vary greatly depending on your family’s wants and needs, activity levels, commitment to training, and a whole range of other factors. It is always best to do some honest reflection prior to adoption to know what kind of pet will be well-suited for your home. How much time will you be willing to allocate to exercise, training, and so on? Every dog requires some level of exercise, discipline, training (and of course love and affection) but some will require more than others. While it is true that certain breeds will typically have certain requirements it is not necessarily true on the individual dog level.
- Ginger’s Pet Rescue has always maintained the policy that if the dog adoption doesn’t work out for any reason, we will refund the adoption fees accordingly. Unfortunately, we had to revise this policy.
- The adoption fee is a donation to the rescue and as such is non-refundable.
- There will be NO refund on returned dogs.
- We do not guarantee that we can accept dogs back into the rescue after adoption but all of our adopted dogs must be offered for return to our organization ONLY, unless otherwise agreed per our adoption agreement contract.