I am interested in Adopting or Fostering: ________________________
Name of Dog I am interested in Adopting: ________________________
Before we introduce you to one of our dogs, we need to review your application to make sure the dog will fit your home & environment.
Please email us some outdoor home photos or bring & show us on your cell phone or camera.
* If you can help us with transporting or fundraising please email us.
* To see all our adoptable dogs click on "Meet our Adoptable Dogs"
Part 1: Personal Inoformation
City & State:
Evening phone: Day phone:
How did you hear about Ginger's Pet Rescue?
Would you like to be added on to our pet network list to get invites to our great dog events, fundraisers & get valuable pet information?
Number of adults in household: Number of children:
Men: Ages: Boys: Ages:
Woman: Ages: Girls: Ages:
Are you expecting a child or planning a family in the near future? Yes___ No___
Are all your family members in favor of adopting/fostering a rescue dog? Yes___ No___
Is anyone in your household allergic to animals? Yes___ No ___
Type of dwelling you live in:
House______ Apartment_______ Condo/Town House_______
Trailer______ Duplex _________ Other __________________
Do you rent or own? Own________ Rent________
If you rent, do you have the landlord’s permission to keep a dog? Yes_____ No______
If you rent, please provide the name & phone number of your current landlord.
How long have you lived at your current address?
Are you planning on moving in the near future?
How many consecutive hours a day are you away from home for work, school, etc?
Will you be hiring a pet sitter if gone a long time, or are you close enough to go home during the day?
Part 2: Type Of Dog
Color Preference: None__________ Fawn__________ Black__________
Age Preference: Puppy __________ 1-6yrs old_____________
6+__________ Senior ___________ No Preference_______________
Sex Preference: Male____________ Female___________
Would you be willing to adopt two? Yes_______ No_________
Why do you want to adopt a rescue dog?
__________ Watch Dog
__________ Company for my current pets
__________ A gift for:
__________ Other please explain:
Are you agreeable in returning the dog to Ginger’s Pet Rescue, should an unforeseen circumstance arise wherein you would no longer be able to keep the?
Would you be willing to allow us to visit your home prior to adoption?
Would you consider a special needs rescue dog?
Part 3: Environmental Information:
How large is your yard approximately?
Is it fully fenced? Yes_______ No________
If yes, what kind and how tall? ______________________________________
If no, will you fence it before you adopt/foster a dog Yes_______ No ______
Do you have a pool?
If yes, is it securely fenced?
If your yard is not fenced, how do you plan to insure that the dog receives safe and adequate exercise?
Where will the dog sleep at?
Do you plan to keep the dog primarily indoors or out?
Do you plan to use a crate for housebreaking or while you are gone?
Part 4: Pet History
List All Pets You Currently Own:
Male or Female:
Spayed or Neutered:
Male or Female:
Spayed or Neutered:
Is your cat declawed? Yes_________ No_____________
What activities do you plan on participating in with your dog:
Are you planning on taking your new adoptive/foster dog to obedience class? Yes______ No________
If no, why?
What brand of pet food do you currently feed your current pets?
When you’re not home where is your new adopted dog going to stay at?
Are your current pets all spayed and or neutered?
If not, why?
For what reasons would you return a dog back to us? (please check all that apply)
____ moving (in case of divorce) ____ medical problems
____ not getting along with other pets ____ new baby
____ getting out of a fence ____ divorce
____ children lost interest ____ behavioral problems
____ too time consuming ____ shedding
____ allergies ____ housebreaking problems
Have you ever given a dog up or had a dog for a brief period of time and it didn’t work out? Yes ____ No_______
If yes, please explain the circumstances and what happened to it:
If your pet develops a medical problem that becomes expensive, what would you do?
_____ Find another home for him/her
_____ Pay whatever it takes
_____ Give him to a rescue group or shelter
_____ Other – Please explain:
List any pets you have previously owned:
Species or Breed:
How long owned:
Where is pet now?
If deceased, cause of death
Have you even hd to give up a pet? Yes___ No ___
If yes, please tell us why?
Part 5: Dog Knowledge
Are you aware of dogs health problems? Yes ____ No_________
If yes, what problems do you foresee:
Are you willing to take care of said problems should they arise even if he/she requires daily medication?
Yes _____ No___________
Are you aware that dogs can shed 365 days a year Yes ______ No_________
And if not, can you accept this? Yes________ No_________
Most dogs are companion animals they will want to be with you as much as possible.
Are you prepared for this? Yes_____ No_______
Do you realize most dogs can live up to over 14 years and are you committed to care for it that long?
Yes _____ No________
Please let us know anything else that would make you and ideal candidate for a rescue dog:
Part 6: Behavior
What type of behaviors do you expect from this dog?
What amount of time and effort, per week would you want to devote training for your dog?
None______ 3-5hrs _____ 5-7hrs _____ 7-10hrs ______10+hrs____
Are you likely to enroll your dog in obedience class? Yes_______ No _____
Which family members would be expected to assist in home training?
Who will be the primary caregiver for this dog?
Part 7: References
List three references that can attest to your suitability as a pet owner, and more specially, the owner of a rescued dog. If you own any pets now please include your current veterinarian as a reference.
Clinic Name/ Drs Name:
Terms Of Adoption/Foster with Ginger’s Pet Rescue (GPR).
I agree - please signify your agreement by initialing each term below:
- ______ I agree to keep this dog(s) in my personal possession, and to provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter, training, affection, grooming and humane treatment at all times.
- ______ I agree and understand that I am adopting a rescue dog and that, in doing so, I am continuing with the dog’s rescue.
- ______ I agree that, within 7 days of adopting the dog, I will take the dog to a veterinarian with the records which I have received in order to have the dog examined and to establish a base line on the dog’s vaccinations. I agree further to procure veterinary care at once if this dog becomes sick or injured, and to keep current all vaccinations as recommended by the veterinarian. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, I am responsible for the cost of all veterinary care of the dog after adoption.
- ______ I agree to obey any and all animal control regulations governing the area in which I live, and to license this dog(s) according to such regulations within one month of adoption.
- ______ I agree not to sell, trade ownership, abandon, or dispose of this dog(s) in any way (including to family members without the approval of GPR), but to notify and return the dog to Ginger’s Pet Rescue if I must relinquish custody of the dog(s) for any reason.
- ______ I agree to allow Ginger’s Pet Rescue to examine the dog(s) and its living conditions, and to surrender it if the living conditions are found by GPR unsatisfactory.
- ______ I agree to assume full responsibility for this dog (s) actions, including any damage done by this dog(s).
- ______ I agree if not already done, I will microchip the dog(s) within 30 days of adoption and mail proof to Ginger’s Pet Rescue. I will contact the Microchip Company and I will change the owner’s name into my name within one week of finalization of the adoption.
- ______ I agree to list GPR as a contact person on the adoptive dog(s) microchip registration for the life of the dog(s).
- ______ I agree that the dog(s) will reside in my home as a pet.
- ______ I agree that it is my responsibility to see and evaluate the dog for myself before agreeing to adopt it.
- ______ I have read and agree to the terms of the GPR return policy, attached hereto. I understand that, if the dog is not returned in the condition in which it was received by me (as determined by GPR), GPR may apply all or a portion of the adoption fee I paid toward veterinary, grooming or other costs required to treat the dog(s). Further, I may also be responsible for additional costs of veterinary, grooming or other necessary care, in the event that these costs exceed the adoption fee I paid.
- ______ I acknowledge that GPR has provided in good faith what it believes to be appropriate veterinary and other information about this dog, but that the dog(s) is provided by GPR “as is”, so that the dog’s temperament, health, habits and physical condition are not and cannot be guaranteed.
- ______ I agree and understand that, although the dog has been vetted by being given a veterinary examination and those shots disclosed in the records I have received, there may be other needs that the dog has, such as care for its teeth, or other issues. I recognize and agree that these are not the responsibility of GPR and that, upon adoption, I must assume full responsibility for any vetting or other issues related to the dog.
______ I agree that GPR is, and can be, in no way responsible for any damage, cost, accident or injury resulting from placement of the dog(s) into my household.
All the information I have given above is true and complete. I have also read and agree with the above Terms of Adoption/foster.
Applicant Signature : Date: